FAQ DnD Best Sellers
To start playing Dungeons & Dragons (D&D), you'll need a few essential items:
- Player's Handbook (PHB): This is a core rulebook that explains the game mechanics, character creation, and provides essential information about the D&D world. It's a must-have for players.
- Set of DnD Dice: You'll need a set of polyhedral dice, which typically includes a 20-sided die (d20), 12-sided die (d12), 10-sided die (d10), 8-sided die (d8), 6-sided die (d6), and 4-sided die (d4).
- DnD Character Sheets You can find printable character sheets online, or use digital tools like D&D Beyond or Roll20 for character creation and management.
- Pencil and Eraser: You'll need these to fill out your character sheet and make notes during the game.
- Miniatures or Tokens: These are used to represent your character and other creatures on a grid-based map if you're playing with a battle grid. However, some groups prefer theater of the mind style without miniatures.
- Adventure Module or Campaign Book: If you're not planning to create your own adventures, you can start with a pre-written adventure or campaign book. These provide a storyline, NPCs, and encounters for the Dungeon Master (DM) to run.
- Dungeon Master's Guide (DMG) and Monster Manual: If you plan to be the Dungeon Master, these books are invaluable. The DMG provides guidance on world-building, running the game, and creating adventures, while the Monster Manual contains a wide array of creatures for encounters.
- A Group: D&D is best enjoyed with friends or a group of fellow adventurers. Finding like-minded individuals to play with is crucial.
- Imagination: D&D is a game of storytelling and imagination. Be prepared to dive into a world of fantasy and create memorable adventures with your friends.
- Optional Extras: While not essential, other accessories like a battle mat, figurines, or a DM screen can enhance your gaming experience.
Remember, you can start with the basic rules and expand your collection over time. Many resources are available online for free or at a lower cost, so you can gradually build your D&D library as you become more experienced and invested in the game.
Are you ready to embark on epic adventures in the world of Dungeons & Dragons? Discover the best DnD stores near you and unlock a realm of imagination and excitement! Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or a new recruit, these stores offer a treasure trove of D&D books, dice, miniatures, and accessories to fuel your tabletop adventures. Dive into rich campaign settings, find the perfect set of polyhedral dice, or join fellow adventurers in epic quests. Your next unforgettable gaming experience awaits – explore the best D&D stores in your area today!
Check out our Board Game Cafe locator now!
Finding the best D&D dice sellers can vary depending on your preferences and location. However, here are some popular and reputable options that are known for selling quality dice sets:
- Etsy: Etsy is a platform where many independent artisans and dice makers sell their creations. You can find a wide variety of unique and custom dice sets on Etsy.
- Local Game Stores: Don't forget to check out your local game stores. They often carry a selection of dice sets and can provide valuable advice on choosing the right set for your needs.
- Online Retailers: Just like us :)
When purchasing dice, consider factors such as material (plastic, metal, gemstone), style, readability, and your personal preferences for aesthetics.
Additionally, supporting local game stores and independent artisans can be a great way to find unique and handcrafted dice sets while also contributing to the gaming community.
If you're looking for books that capture the essence of Dungeons & Dragons or offer a similar fantasy experience, you're in for a treat. Here are some of the best D&D-like books and series:
- The "Dragonlance" Series by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman: This series includes numerous novels set in the Dragonlance world, offering a classic D&D-style fantasy adventure with dragons, elves, wizards, and epic quests. Start with "Dragons of Autumn Twilight."
- The "Forgotten Realms" Series by R.A. Salvatore: Salvatore's series, featuring the iconic character Drizzt Do'Urden, is set in the Forgotten Realms world, which is closely tied to D&D. Begin with "The Crystal Shard."
- "The Wheel of Time" Series by Robert Jordan (completed by Brandon Sanderson): This epic series combines intricate world-building, magic, and complex characters in a way that's reminiscent of D&D campaigns. Start with "The Eye of the World."
- "Malazan Book of the Fallen" Series by Steven Erikson: Known for its epic scope, this series features numerous characters and intricate plots set in a richly developed world. It's akin to a grand D&D campaign. Begin with "Gardens of the Moon."
- "The Kingkiller Chronicle" by Patrick Rothfuss: While not directly D&D-related, this series follows the adventures of Kvothe, a musician, and adventurer, in a richly detailed world filled with magic and intrigue. Start with "The Name of the Wind."
- "The Witcher" Series by Andrzej Sapkowski: These novels follow Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter in a dark and gritty fantasy world. They offer a different flavor of fantasy akin to D&D. Begin with "The Last Wish."
DnD Best Sellers
Explore our best-selling RPG dice sets, accessories and character sheers – as you roll, watch your D&D dice transform into two-handed swords and magic wands, empowering your character to battle sewer rats, conquer chasms, and break down doors!
Click here if you would prefer to see Resin Dice.